Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Fall 2008


About two weeks ago we actually had some fall foliage which is not much to brag about at all. We do enjoy the bright reds, some dull oranges and yellows. They are not as brilliant as the falls back home. Living in New Hampshire, I really took our gorgeous fall leaves for granted. It was always the norm. It must be all those maple and oak trees! Jared would like to line our driveway with red oaks.
Here it is just rather mediocre in comparison to the Northeast but at least we get some! That's what the very edge of Hill Country will give you! Jared snatched a photo off of the main road that we got to view for about a week or two before all the leaves fell or changed color. So we get to enjoy fall leaves while the north part of the nation is shoveling snow.

3 comments:

Mrs. Wallace said...

Those colors are pretty, and I would trade them for our "wanna be" snow. Our fall colors never really came this year. There was a bit of color, then freezing cold and then a bit more, some leaves are still dead on the trees. Our climate seems to have confused them. Also, the winter is really late, it snowed about 1.5 inches and now it's melted. I don't mind though, I'm pretty much hating winters here by now. I think I've been scarred for a while. But I love to see pictures of Texas. If you get time post landscape pics of the surrounding vacinity. It would be fun to see.

Smith Family Blog said...

Well, chica check out the landscape in our yard. It really is a work in progress. We always have projects going - well, Jared does all the time. I do what I can to help, assist, and support him. There are so many things just our house needs. It will be nice when we have just the basics done like a few new windows, insulation, and more lighting. Eventually we will add another bedroom.
I have noticed that Texas is so vastly different all over. In the west you get those giant saguaro cacti with little civilizations and then you can see San Antonio that seems to have more humid temps and almost seems green all year(you would have to verify that with Jen). We hear that the East has pine trees and lushness and I am almost dying just to see the place! The north seems relatively flat or plain-like and has tons of giant windmills. Must be quite windy like Rexburg. It seems pretty in its own way. We live in Central Texas on the edge of Hill Country. I love hill country because of the rolling hills and that is the closest they seem to have for mountains (I am unaware of any). Well, I will keep on looking for good photo opps to send to you via our blog.

Mrs. Wallace said...

I checked out pics of Austin, TX. on google earth, and it's pretty, lots of rolling hills covered with trees, and a huge river. There are some pretty rivers near by too. I'd been googling pics of the area trying to find some good scenery ones, and found on Google earth that they were right under my nose the whole time.