Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pavuchni Mavpa

Taking a nap
In October, my dear cat, Kitty passed away.   We really don't know what caused her death other than her liver not working properly.   The vet really was not much help as to tell me what was wrong.  Eight hundred bucks later we brought her home to mend or pass so she chose the latter.  I knew she was in pain and had to come to terms with myself that she wanted to go so I told she could go and I would be alright.  I grieved for awhile as well as did our other cat, Hallie.  They were best friends.  I know this all may sound silly to some but pets have a way of working their little hearts into yours and become like a family member hence my grief.
A month later, Jared decided we needed another cat to keep Hallie company and perhaps this time would actually 'love' him (cats tend to attach themselves to the primary caregiver which happens to be me).  We paid a visit to the Central Texas SPCA and took a little look around.  I immediately went to go play with the little kittens.  Jared's eye was drawn to a Siamese tabby mix.  Marcel was about 5 1/2 months old and still very playful.  After vicious attacks of play, I had had enough of those kittens so I went over to see Marcel.  He had a very lovable disposition.  We figured an older cat would be better than a kitten that tend to be a bit more demanding and besides the fact that the adoption rate for a kitten is much higher than the older ones.  We agreed on him and applied to adopt.  Within a few days after he had finished his series of shots, we were able to bring him home.  Hallie was not very receptive to the newcomer, but she finally took to him.  He and the dog actually seemed to get along.  We renamed him Pavuchni Mavpa (Ukrainian for Spider Monkey) after he climbed the backyard tree, for the way he clung to us when being held, and for his coloring.  We call him Pavuk for short.  He is our official family cat (Hallie is known as my cat).   
  

Tuckered out after playing





No comments: