Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Up Noth

My dad and I at Glen Ellis Falls




Linda, Dad, and I above the Falls.





.



After the party on Saturday, my dad, stepmom and I headed up north to Berlin.  I spent a week or so there and had some good fun.  We went strawberry picking en route to visit some of their friends and to go see a Celtic concert.  The musicians were so talented.  The berries were oh so yummy....we made jam later and Linda made a strawberry-rhubarb pie.  That didn't last long because pie is my dad's favorite dessert especially that kind.  We of course had to make a visit to the East Side Mall (a thrift store).  I found some great deals as always.  Another day we went to a historical site looking for some family history in the upstairs of the house.  We did not find much of anything helpful.   We also made a trip over to Kate and John's (stepsister and husband) house in Vermont around the fourth.  They live on an old farm and the view is beautiful.  My father and Linda planted a garden there so there was lots of weeding to do as one could imagine as well as organic pest control.  Linda tilled around the potatoes and I heaped up the dirt around them.  I had heard that that is what you do.   Later, when harvest time came around I heard they were the best potatoes that they had ever had.  Then on the third, John is somewhat infamous for setting off a bunch of fireworks so we got a show that night. 
**Side note: 'Noth' is how North is pronounced if you are a native from New Hampshire.  You simply drop an 'r' and then add it where it doesn't belong.  Example: Linda would be Lindar.








The garden at Kate's in Vermont.

No comments: