Sunday, September 6, 2009

Meep-meep!

This post is dedicated especially to Sister Parkerson. While visiting this last spring she wanted to see a rode-runner. We never saw one while she was here but we have seen them every once in a while ever since, but not near our home. One day out of the blue this one wandered into our yard just as I got home from work. I was able to get quite close to him for about 20 min and get all the pictures I wanted. It just kept catching his dinner and pretty much ignored me most of the time. When I would get too close it fanned out it's black Mohawk which otherwise was completely hidden. It was eating grass hoppers, about 20 in the time I was following him. And of course he never flew, just ran very fast. It was about he height and length of a chicken, just a lot thinner.

1 comment:

Lisa A. Smith said...

Can you get a video of these little guys running?