Saturday, August 6, 2011

Family Reunion


Jared, Linda, and three of his sisters
 
Every August, Jared's mother and her cousins and relatives have a reunion up in the Wasatch Mountains outside of Salt Lake City.  It starts at 9 a.m. but the breakfast crew shows up around 8 a.m. to set up and begin cooking.  For the last two times, Jared and I were assigned as part of the breakfast crew.  I believe is his uncle and auntie are permanently on the crew and oversee everything for the breakfast. 
This year I did not get to see my younger sister for very long and knew I could take advantage of the time I could spend with her if I invited her up (Jared's family is laid back).  She decided to join us later and brought her boyfriend along. 
The last two times we have gone to the reunion, Linda always brings up old boxes of Jared's belongings from his old room.  This time we found a wig and had a little fun with it (see picture below).
Lunchtime is the best time because there is always a ton of food.  It is always so good and filling.  Linda's uncle always bring some brisket.  The person in charge (changes every year) plans the games and such activities along with the assignments to head them up.  They also are to make sure everyone is notified of the date and place, buy the food for breakfast, and more.  It is always a blast at least when we are able to attend.
Jared's 70's wig















Jared, me, my sister and her man




No comments: