Saturday, April 18, 2009

April showers bring May flowers...


...Well, not quite so here. It warms up all too fast before May. We had a high of 92 the beginning of the month (April 9th) but it has been relatively mild since. I think some of the much needed showers have helped keep temps down but humidity up.
I said I would post a picture once the tulips came up but they did not turn out as spectacular as I had hoped. Apart from that though, I have been wanting a hibiscus plant for some time now (since we moved to Texas actually) so Jared got me one that I had picked out.
I think it is so great that we can grow so many amazing things here. If it were a bit warmer during the winter we could grow my mango and his citrus trees but for now we will settle for peaches, figs, and whatever else will bloom for us.

1 comment:

Mrs. Wallace said...

I love the hibiscus plants, we have three in our backyard, hot pink, pink, and a tannish pink (the latter is not too pretty, but it's just a victim of bad genes).